The article below is a top story from this week's ACTION newsletter—Care Providers of Minnesota's weekly newsletter for members. The newsletter focuses on current legislative issues, regulations, long-term care trends, and other Association news. Each Thursday evening, it is delivered to your inbox. To sign up for ACTION, contact Lisa Foss Olson (952-851-2483). To learn more about membership, visit our Become a Member page.
APPLY NOW for your assisted living conversion license!
By Jill Schewe | May 7, 2021 | Assisted living providers
The application process for applying for an assisted living or assisted living with dementia care conversion license is NOW OPEN! MDH is accepting assisted living license (ALL) applications for providers who will continue to provide assisted living services under Minnesota’s new AL licensure law. The new AL licensure becomes law August 1, 2021.
Last Friday, the MDH sent out emails to the main contact of HWS establishments with a link for your facility to apply for a conversion to the new assisted living or assisted living with dementia care license. The email notification is from the Improved Customer Service Delivery (ICSD) portal. Conversion applications must be submitted by June 1, 2021.
*NOTE: If you did not receive an email from MDH with a link to complete the ALL conversion application email MDH.
- Care Providers of MN created a resource of “Items needed to complete an ALL conversion application”—Use this list as a guide to round up all the information you’ll need to complete the application
- Read carefully over the application so you are familiar with what you are asked to do
- Confirm you are using the correct health facility identification number (HFID) for the home care provider you are linking to
- If you do not know the construction type of your facility, MDH has given us the advice that you should choose V(000); engineering will verify construction type during your survey
- If you are applying for a campus license, make sure you understand the definition of a campus as outlined in 144G.08 subd. 4a.; an assisted living facility campus" or "campus" means:
- a single building having two or more addresses, located on the same property with a single property identification number;
- two or more buildings, each with a separate address, located on the same property with a single property identification number; or
- two or more buildings at different addresses, located on properties with different property identification numbers, that share a portion of a legal property boundary.
- Make sure your application is complete and all required attachments are attached at the end of the application before you hit submit
Care Provider of MN resources:
The Care Providers of Minnesota website has a “Regulatory Resources: Assisted Living” page that is full of great resources to help you navigate through the new ALL! Visit our website here
(make sure to log in!).
Board of Executives for Long Term Services & Supports (BELTSS):
Assisted living director licensing applications for those who meet a legacy pathway is now open through 11:59 PM on June 30, 2021. To apply, visit the BELTSS website
Jill Schewe | Director of Assisted Living, Housing & Home Care | firstname.lastname@example.org | 952-851-2484