The article below is a top story from this week's ACTION newsletter—Care Providers of Minnesota's weekly newsletter for members. The newsletter focuses on current legislative issues, regulations, long-term care trends, and other Association news. Each Thursday evening, it is delivered to your inbox. To sign up for ACTION, contact Lisa Foss Olson (952-851-2483). To learn more about membership, visit our Become a Member page.
The McKnight's Women of Distinction announces the 2021 Hall of Honor honorees!
By Patti Cullen, CAE | February 26, 2021 | All members
McKnight's Long-Term Care News and McKnight's Senior Living News once again are recognizing women leaders in skilled nursing and senior living who inspire others and have a powerful effect on the lives of the individuals they serve. Congratulations to the 2021 class, which includes two leaders from Minnesota: Gail Sheridan, Chief Clinical Officer, Tealwood Senior Living; and Kim Te Brugge, Vice President of Senior Living and Health Care, The Goodman Group!
Hall of Honor inductees are senior-level professionals in the C-suite or at a level equivalent to vice president or higher and have made a significant impact on their organization or the long-term care industry. They will be celebrated with other honorees during a May 18 virtual event. Hall of Honor inductees for 2021 include the following:
- Leigh Ann Barney, President and CEO, Trilogy Health Services, Louisville, KY
- Robin Bradley, Chief Operating Officer, American Health Partners, Franklin, TN
- Teresa Chopoorian, Ed.D, MSN, RN, Vice President and Administrator, Mansion Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Central Falls, RI
- Terri Cunliffe, CEO, Covenant Living Communities and Services, Skokie, IL
- Nathalie Francois, Chief Nursing Officer, Citadel Care Centers, Brooklyn, NY
- Tana Gall, President, Merrill Gardens, Seattle
- Lynn Hood, President and CEO, Principle LTC, Kinston, NC
- Nancy Hooks, Vice President, State and Affiliate Relations, LeadingAge, Washington, D.C.
- Mary Sue Patchett, Executive Vice President, Strategic Operations, Brookdale Senior Living, Brentwood, TN
- Melissa Powell, Chief Operating Officer, The Allure Group, Brooklyn, NY
- Meera Riner, Chief Operating Officer, Nexion Health, Sykesville, MD
- Susan Ryan, Senior Director, The Green House Project, Linthicum, MD
- Gail Sheridan, Chief Clinical Officer, Tealwood Senior Living, Bloomington, MN
- Melissa Sorensen, Chief Nursing Officer, ProMedica Senior Care (formerly known as HCR ManorCare), Toledo, OH
- Nicole Steck-Waitt, Vice President of Clinical Services, Sterling Senior Care, Silver Spring, MD
- Robyn Stone, DrPH, Senior Vice President of Research, LeadingAge, Washington, D.C.; Co-director, LeadingAge LTSS Center @UMass Boston
- Kim Te Brugge, Vice President of Senior Living and Health Care, The Goodman Group, Chaska, MN
- Patricia Will, Founder and CEO, Belmont Village Senior Living, Houston
- Denise Chadwick Wright, CEO, Birmingham Green, Manassas, VA
The 2021 McKnight's
Women of Distinction virtual event honoring the recipients will be held on May 18, virtually. Join on May 18 as the two-day virtual celebration opens with the Women of Distinction awards ceremony, where the 2021 Women of Distinction Hall of Honor, Veteran VIPs, and Rising Stars will be inducted. The event will come to a close on May 19 with the forum, hours of content focused on the issues that are most relevant to leaders working in skilled nursing and senior living today.
Women of Distinction Virtual Awards Ceremony: May 18
Women of Distinction Virtual Forum: May 19
It's free to attend! Register now.
Patti Cullen, CAE | President/CEO | email@example.com | 952-851-2487