The article below is a top story from this week's ACTION newsletter—Care Providers of Minnesota's weekly newsletter for members. The newsletter focuses on current legislative issues, regulations, long-term care trends, and other Association news. Each Thursday evening, it is delivered to your inbox. To sign up for ACTION, contact Lisa Foss Olson (952-851-2483). To learn more about membership, visit our Become a Member page.
2018 Bronze–Commitment to Quality Award Recipients Announced
By Patti Cullen, CAE, President/CEO, Care Providers of Minnesota
June 8, 2018 | All members
On May 31, 2018, a total of 521 long-term and post-acute care providers in 50 states and the District of Columbia were recognized with a 2018 Bronze–Commitment to Quality Award by the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL). This number includes 18 recipients from Minnesota!! The award is the first of three distinctions possible through the AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Program
, which honors long-term and post-acute care providers that have demonstrated their commitment to improving the quality of care for seniors and persons with disabilities. At the Bronze level, centers develop an organizational profile with essential performance elements such as vision and mission statements and an assessment of customers’ expectations. They also demonstrate their ability to implement a performance improvement system.
Congratulations to the 18 recipients from Minnesota this year—awesome representation!
- Benedictine Living Community of St. Peter, St. Peter
- Birchwood Senior Living, Forest Lake
- Foley Nursing Center, Foley
- Fond du Lac Home Health Services, Cloquet
- Good Samaritan Society–Westbrook, Westbrook
- Good Samaritan Society–Inver Grove Heights, Inver Grove Heights
- Good Samaritan Society–Pipestone, Pipestone
- Good Samaritan Society–Stillwater, Stillwater
- Good Samaritan Society–Windom, Windom
- Good Samaritan Society–Woodland, Brainerd
- Oak Terrace Assisted Living of North Mankato, North Mankato
- Oak Terrace Senior Housing of Jordan, Jordan
- Oak Terrace Senior Housing of Le Sueur, Le Sueur
- Providence Place, Minneapolis
- Ridge View Estates, Pipestone
- Riverside Assisted Living of Pillager, Pillager
- SilverCreek on Main, Maple Grove
- St. Anthony Health & Rehabilitation, St. Anthony
Implemented by AHCA/NCAL in 1996, the National Quality Award Program is centered on the core values and criteria of the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program, which is also the basis of the metric-based AHCA/NCAL Quality Initiative
. The Baldrige program helps organizations across different business sectors use strategies to improve performance and organizational effectiveness.
The Association will announce the 2018 Silver–Achievement in Quality and Gold–Excellence in Quality Award recipients in the coming months. Recipient organizations will be honored during AHCA/NCAL’s 69th Annual Convention and Exposition, October 7–10, 2018 in San Diego, California.
Patti Cullen, CAE – 952-851-2487 – email@example.com