CARE PROVIDERS OF MINNESOTA IN-PERSON PROGRAMS CODE OF CONDUCT
Care Providers of Minnesota (CPM) is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all program participants and CPM staff. This Policy applies to all CPM meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than CPM but held in conjunction with CPM events, on public or private platforms.
All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, CPM staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this In-Person Programs Code of Conduct.
CPM has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, CPM asks that you inform staff at the registration/information desk or Nancy McCoy, Director of Office Management, at email@example.com
or (952) 851-2481 so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, CPM staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest. Examples of verbal abuse include but are not limited to verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body image, race, religion, or national origin.
- Vulgar, obscene, or profane language, such as swearing, name-calling, insults, or socially unacceptable language.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations
- Threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, CPM staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by CPM throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any CPM virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. CPM reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
CPM reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund. CPM reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.