Product Code: ALNM2202
Medications are an essential part of care for many seniors, including those residing in assisted living communities. When used appropriately, medications effectively manage acute and chronic disease; however, medications also pose potential risks. Toxicity, adverse drug events (ADEs), drug interactions, pose a constant threat. The key to effective medication management is maximizing the benefits while minimizing the risks of medication use. Also, hear what to look for and ways to prevent drug diversion.
This webinar is part of the 2022 Assisted Living Education Series.
- Describe the relationship of medication adherence to medication management and patient outcomes
- Understand hazardous waste pharmaceutical management requirements
- Understand hazardous drug management requirements
- Identify best practice recommendations for handling and accountability of controlled medications
- Discuss new legal requirements for controlled medication dispensing in MN
- Define best practices in managing psychotropic medications in the LTC setting
Joe Litsey, RPh, PharmD, CGP
Director of Consulting Services, Thrifty White Pharmacy
Joe Litsey has worked with Thrifty White Pharmacy as a consultant pharmacist for 21 years. He is currently the Director of Consulting Services. In this role, Joe works with LTC communities and pharmacists developing best practice medication management programs. Joe earned his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from North Dakota State University in 1994 and has specialized in geriatric medication management since the onset of his professional career. Joe is Board Certified in geriatric pharmacy, past president of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists of MN, is a member of the MN Assoc. of Geriatrics Inspired Clinicians and routinely provides medication related education.
CPM Service Corporation has contributed funds to offset part of the costs for the Assisted Living Nurse Managers' Education Series & the Assisted Living Managers' & Directors' Education Series
Original Air Date: 03/01/2022
Length: 180 minutes
Category: Senior Housing, Assisted Living, & Home Care
Discounted member price:
You could save