The NURSE MANAGERS' EDUCATION SERIES helps nurse managers increase the skills necessary to be an effective manager in assisted living, housing with services, and home care. Most nurses come well prepared to the nurse manager position with nursing skills; however, they may not have experience in the management side of their job duties.
Note: The NURSE MANAGERS' EDUCATION SERIES certificate program is created for the new nurse manager. While there are updates each year, the core curriculum stays consistent. The Nurse Managers’ Education Series is not meant for annual attendance.
All participants receive module materials in a digital format, including a resource appendix containing pertinent laws, rules, and other resources in a digital book. Those who complete the entire series will receive a certificate upon completion of the series.
Each module will be presented live, and participants have the opportunity to engage with presenters. In addition, each module will be archived and available for 30 days after live presentation.
21.25 hours | 13 modules* | 13 speakers | 1 great learning opportunity
*Seven modules are shared between the two signature education series
- Nurse documentation—Best practices in charting
- Medication management in assisted living & home care (Sponsored by Bluestone Physicians)
- Personalized dementia care—Bridging the gap between the person-centered approach & the human experience (Sponsored by Vikor Scientific)
- Clinical care in a pandemic (Sponsored by McKesson)
- Dealing with difficult behaviors
- Clinical decision making in assisted living & home care settings (Sponsored by Guardian Pharmacy)
- New laws affecting assisted living*
- Growing a health relationship—Housing managers & nurse managers* (Sponsored by Eldermark Software EHR Solutions)
- Legal issues for housing & nurse managers*
- Addressing concerns & complaints: When, how & why*
- Leadership beyond COVID-19: Re-ignite the passion within*
- Survey preparation & success*
- Electronic monitoring*
CPM Service Corporation has contributed funds to offset part of the costs for the Nurse Managers' Education Series & the Housing Managers' Education Series
||February 23–April 7, 2021
||$450 per Care Providers of Minnesota member participant
$550 per prospective member participant
||21.25 clock/contact hours
Download the event brochure to find more detailed information on each of the session modules, as well as the cancellation/no-show policies, virtual program code of conduct, and electronic CEUs.
You will receive an immediate confirmation upon successful registration. There are three ways to register:
- Online on this page—You must sign in to register on this page.
Login required to register. Don't have login information? Request a login or contact us (952-854-2844).
After clicking the Register button below, you must select proceed to your cart and check out to complete your registration. After checking out, you will immediately receive an order confirmation email. The email containing information about joining the webinar (from GoToWebinar) will be sent within three business days.
- Mail or fax paper form
- Call Loni Lagro at 952-851-2494 or 800-462-0024
Please note: If you are interested in attending BOTH the Housing Managers' Education Series & Nurse Managers' Education Series, there are seven modules that overlap, so the CEU hours will only be counted once for those seven overlapping modules. So by completing both series, the CEU total would be 32.25.
Prior to signing up for both programs, please contact Loni Lagro at the Association office: 952-851-2494.
VIEW SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS