The article below is a top story from this week's ACTION newsletter—Care Providers of Minnesota's weekly newsletter for members. The newsletter focuses on current legislative issues, regulations, long-term care trends, and other Association news. Each Thursday evening, it is delivered to your inbox. To sign up for ACTION, contact Lisa Foss Olson (952-851-2483). To learn more about membership, visit our Become a Member page.
Convention learning sessions—Something for everyone
By Cheryl Smith, Director of Education, Care Providers of Minnesota
November 2, 2018 | All members
The 2018 Convention & Expo is almost here—and with it, a new location, a sold-out expo, and 128 hours of learning sessions from which to choose. Monday and Tuesday both feature a keynote presentation, and each day offers dozens of learning sessions on a wide variety of topics—dementia, HR/workforce, mental health, VA protection, dietary, maintenance, housing/home care, and more!
Convention offers accredited continuing education
for several professions:
- Nursing Home Administrators maximum 11 clock hours
- Nurses maximum of 11 contact hours
- Certifying Board for Dietary Managers maximum of 11 general hours and two Food Show hours
- Minnesota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics maximum of 11 contact hours and 2 contact hours for expo—a list of approved breakout sessions available at convention
- Minnesota State Board of Social Work CE Provider Approval Number: CEP-52—the following sessions are recommended for Social Workers: breakout sessions 108, 110, 112, 206, 212, 301, 308, 312, 401, 501, 503, 511, 601, 608, 611, 710, 808, 809, 905, and 912; the following sessions are recommended for Supervision: breakout sessions: 314, 413, 612, 813, and 913
- National Certification Council for Activity Professionals maximum of 11 clock hours
- Minnesota State Board of Continuing Legal Education breakout sessions (112, 204, 209, 211, 212, 305, 311, 312, 406, 411, 412, 504, 511, 513, 604, 611, 613, 711, 712, 811, 911, and 912) for a maximum total of 9 standard CLE credits
- Housing Managers many sessions fulfill the 30-hour housing with services manager continuing education requirement
- Dementia breakout sessions—201, 301, 401, 501, 601, and 701—meet the dementia training requirements for assisted living, housing with services staff, and staff affiliated with an assisted living community’s home care provider
And don’t forget
—you can find out more about the sessions, CEUs, keynotes, exhibitors, sponsors, our new location, the revamped Celebration of Caring Reception, and a whole lot more on the convention site
—if you download the CONVENTION APP
, you can create your own personal schedule! While more information is added, especially in the days leading up to convention, you can get yourself a bit more prepared by downloading the app before convention!
| Director of Education | email@example.com